Placement Considerations for Your Outdoor Entertainment Equipment
Start planning your outdoor setup so you can enjoy movies and music outside this summer
It may be hot in Allen, TX, during the summer months, but we still think it’s worthwhile to set up your backyard with an outdoor entertainment system for you to take advantage of the fresh air, sunshine and time to relax outdoors with your family.
Before you get started, take some time to think about where you want to place your new outdoor TV and speaker system. We have some considerations you should keep top of mind to get the most value and quality out of your systems.
1. TV Placement
The location of your outdoor TV is critical because you don’t have as much control over your outdoor environment to create the best viewing experience. Here are considerations to keep in mind when choosing a TV location in your backyard or patio:
- Amount of sunlight exposure. The glare of a midday sun will ruin any viewing experience, so choose a covered or shaded placement. If you don’t have much wiggle room, choose a TV designed for use in partial or full sunlight. The experts at Texas Custom AV will be happy to help you select the best screens that perform well in high ambient light situations!
- Proximity to the pool. Place your screen well out of any splash zones or choose a TV with waterproof features. There are several high-quality 4K screens on the market that are weatherproofed for rain and can withstand placement in wetter areas as well.
- Height and viewing angles. Step back and examine your space from different places. Will your TV be mounted high enough that everyone outside has an unobstructed view? Are there patio chairs blocking the view? Will children playing in the pool be able to see the screen?
2. Speaker System Placement
You have a location in mind for the TV, but you’re not quite done yet — speaker placement is just as important to ensure crystal-clear sound for music, movies and TV. Here are some factors to consider:
- What Speakers? How do you intend to use your outdoor sound system? If you only want speakers to use with your TV, you could go with an outdoor soundbar on your back porch or patio. If you want the ability to play music and audio throughout your entire backyard, strategically placed landscape speakers with hidden subwoofers would be a great choice. We recommend hiring the professionals at Texas Custom AV to handle your system installation, as outdoor speakers often require different amplifier and connection solutions.
- Sound obstructions. Make sure your speakers are placed in areas with a clear path to your TV and listeners. Don’t hide them behind patio furniture or trees in your backyard, which may block sound waves and make your entertainment harder to hear.
- You have several options available if you want speakers out of sight (and out of reach from running kids), but not out of earshot. In-wall or in-ceiling speakers are unobtrusive placements on your covered back patio. For wired speakers in the backyard, there are many options for weatherproof speakers to be camouflaged in the landscape, mounted to trees, and even speakers that look like large rocks.
Texas Custom AV specializes in creating luxurious entertainment spaces both indoors and outdoors at your Allen, TX, home. For sleek design, seamless automation and high-end experience, look no further than Texas Custom AV. We’re locally owned and operated in the Texas area. To schedule a consultation, call us at 972-250-0006 or fill out our online form. We’re excited to work with you on your upcoming project!